The month of April was full of new experiences, excitement and hard-work. Big Top Day is always a crucial day in Teen Missions. In this day all the Staff and volunteers of TMI gather together to set up the tents where classes and rallies will be held during Boot Camp. We worked all day outside and ate together hamburgers and hot dogs. At the end of the day we were all dirty and exhausted but happy that they were already up and thankful that the Lord kept us safe.
My Hebrew Bible study group and I were able to celebrate a Christian Passover for the first time. We ate Middle Eastern food and read the events that happened in the book of Exodus, when God sent the plagues to Egypt and delivered the people of Israel. For us, as believers in Jesus the Messiah we were reminded of how the perfect Lamb of God died and took our sins by shedding his blood for us in the cross. It’s so great to live for Him and be part of the Kingdom of Light! “For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy”. Hebrews 10:14
During Eastern weekend I was able to go to North Carolina to visit Hope Chapel church. I was able to talked with friends that I know since I became a believer. It was great to had the opportunity to spend time with them, prayed and shared what God has been teaching us and the doors that God is opening for ministry. Thank you for your presence, it meant a lot to me. The Holy Spirit are doing great things in you. I also want to give thanks to my cousins, every time I visit North Carolina they always treat me and show me hospitality. God is good, I had a great weekend and continue to rejoice in the Risen Christ, who is interceding for us!
Last month Teen Missions acquired some chickens. I was assigned with another friend to feed them, give them water and collect the eggs. We use the fresh eggs for our breakfast and they taste really good! I’ve never done this kind of job before, so it was definitely an interesting experience for me lol When I go to Southeast Asia I will probably do something similar and I’m a little bit nervous because all my life I grew up in the city and I don’t have so much experience with animals. So please pray with me that God will help me overcome this fear and that I will be prepared for what it is ahead.
- Woho! we are so close to reach the goal for the summer team expense, thank you Jesus! So grateful for all of you that are partnering for the ministry. I still need $370 US dollars. The deadline is till the end of May.
- This summer I won’t go to South Korea but instead, I will be going to Nepal to rebuild an orphanage and do evangelism. I know you might be wondering why I was transferred into another team. Teen Missions does not guarantee that we will definitely go to a certain country, it depends on the need. To tell you the truth, I was really frustrated for all the changes that has taken place. I decided to approach someone and discussed about it. She told me that it does not really matter where you will end up going as long as you are willing to serve the Lord wherever you go. That was huge for me, it opened my eyes and just right after we finished our conversation I felt peace on my heart to go to Nepal. Learning to be flexible is not easy but it is a key for ministry. I found a quote from a missionary that served in Papua New Guinea and I want to share it with you. He said “Being flexible to a change in plans is key. Why?—because often I respond to negative change by resisting it and fail to realize God is still in control and has the best plan”. God continues to humble me and has been stretching my faith.
The Lord continues to amaze me! Little by little funds have been coming in for my internship. I have $5360 left to raise, please consider whether or not you may be called to partner with me in accomplishing this goal.
Ways to give
You can write a check to Teen Missions and send it to this address to Sherly Trujillo: 867 E Hall Rd, Merritt Island, FL 32953. Another option could be to donate online. Go to this website: https://www.teenmissions.org/product/sherly-trujillo/
*If you have questions, please send me a message!
- We’re going to start searching more details about the visas that I might need to get for entering in some countries, so please pray that I will get all the required documents to apply and also find a good insurance company that will cover my health for one year
- Continue to pray for more prayers partners and monthly supporters for my summer team and internship. The Lord opened some doors for me to speak in a church in NC and in Fl last month, so thank you for praying!
- Pray for physical and spiritual preparation. We are not that far from Boot Camp, so we must get ready for the summer.
Blessings for all of you and I’m praying for you too!
“We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen”. Acts 10:39-40